- Category: Events
07 Dec 2012
- Published on Friday, 07 December 2012 02:50
- Hits (1305)
Event Name : The 2nd World Smart Grid Conference Middle East
Event Date : April. 22th- 23th, 2013
Location : Abu Dhabi, UAE
Website : http://www.szwgroup.com/SGME2013/
Power utilities over the world are at the transition phase and at the strategic crossroad. Customers are looking for more reliable energy supply and depend on high electricity-intensive. With the growth of the advanced technologies like ICT and AMI the industry players are facing intense challenge to cope the growth smart grid. The only solution for that is to modernize their entire system; how to answer these questions about the modernization are still not comprehensible.
As one of the forefront of oil provider and one of the rising economies Middle East region is determined to set the target for establishment of smart grid within coming decade. The region is still trailing several smart technologies and approaches to foster the consumer engagement, the demand management and issues like energy efficiency and energy security. The contest to achieve the renewable power generation is also accelerating in the region, leading the stronger demand for the latest smart grid infrastructures.
According to REN21 (GSR 2010), the MENA region enjoyed a modest increase in renewable energy investment from $2.1 billion to $2.5 billion in 2009. The Arab Electricity Union is anticipating investments of $10-16bn per year into 2020 and even higher in the following decade. It demonstrates that the growth of investment on electricity is to qualify the modernization of power infrastructure in the region.
Still numerous major difficulties have to be solved:
- Whether the smart grid technologies will be able deliver the repay for both customers and utilities
- Active participation and awareness among the customers for more energy efficiency
- Lesson learning from the regional and global utilities’ smart grid imaginations and tracks
- Advanced digitized issued like ICT, AMI and Demand response and their implementation by consumers and utilities
- Ensuring the new technologies like renewable, micro grid and smart cities/ homes as an opportunities rather than the threats
- Elasticity of the power utilities to learn from their counterparts by analyzing at improved ways to improve competence and sustainability.
Thereby, this second annual event of SZW group has tried to offer you a comprehensive coverage of the smart grid market with fresh project updates and various case studies. Meanwhile, for those who are keen to ¬find new investment opportunities or strengthen their presence in this market, this 2 day long program will provide plenty of opportunity to meet with your future partners.
The 2nd World Smart Grid Conference Middle East welcomes more than 300 expert speakers from more than 20 countries around the world. The leaders of the world’s most innovative initiatives are here to share their vision and experience in order to shape our future. None the less this event will provide you an excellent opportunity to meet your peers and evaluate the latest smart technologies and project experiences, exchange ideas on steps towards the ultimate smart grid and hear how the evolution of smart technologies and smart appliances will have an impact on your business processes and investment strategies.
Eminent speakers at previous Smart Grid Event:
- H.E. Saeed Al Tayer, CEO, DEWA
- Saleh M. Al-Onaizan, CEO, National Grid KSA
- Khaled Said, Vice Chairman of Strategic Planning and Governance Committee, National Electric Power Company
- Alaa Hamza Rahma, Head of Protection, Control & Telecommunications, GCCIA
- Claudio Zito, Head of International Business Development, Enel
- Danilo Vannucci, Head of Africa and Middle East Market Development, Enel
- Ravi Seethapathy, Manager of Systems Innovation & Advanced Grid Development, Hydro One Networks
- Friedrich Schulte, Head of Technologies, RWE
- Hiroshi Watanabe, Executive Director, NEDO
- Dr. Kamal Radi, Manager of Operation & Despatch dept, Abu Dhabi Transmission and Despatch Com (Transco)
- Christopher Sorensen, Deputy Director for Innovation, Masdar Corporation
- Easa Al-Zarouni, Load Dispatch Center Director, Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority
- Gareth Brett, CEO, Highview Power Storage
- Mohamad Bin Jarsh, Director of Electricity, Operations & Management, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company
- Andrew Jones, Managing Director, S&C Electric
- Jean-Marc Chaumont, EMEA region VP, STMicroelectronics
- Hiroyuki Kakita, Senior Executive Officer, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Suresh Kumar, CEO of Emirates Financial Services, Emirates NBD
- Arindam Ghosh, Head of Forensic Services, KPMG
- Husam Beides, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Essam Al Ammar, Chair Coordinator, Saudi Aramco Chair in Electrical Power, King Saud University
- Abdulla Ahmad Al Aghbari, VP-Distribution Planning, DEWA
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you and other senior executives to attend the 2nd World Smart Grid Conference Middle East. With your attendance in WSGC Middle East 2013, we believe it will enhance the profile of your firm in smart grid industry and potentially bring more profitable business to your company.
Conference Name： The 2nd World Smart Grid Conference Middle East
Date: April. 22th- 23th, 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hosting Organization: SZ&W Group
Event Website: http://www.szwgroup.com/SGME2013/
Tel: +86 21 5830 0710
Fax: +86 21 5831 1668